Friday, March 19, 2010

The Resurrection of Old Ugly - The List

After acquiring our 1978 Chevy C30 1 ton truck, I thought it would be a good idea to take stock of the thing by making a list of everything I could find that was wrong with it. So, here goes:


1. It's ugly.

2. It's old.

3. It's broken.


I think that about covers it, but just for my own sake, I guess I'll expand a little on the third one:


The clutch doesn't work right.

The driver and passenger front doors don't latch well.

There's a pretty serious leak dripping off the front of the transmission.

The hood is kinked.

The left front fender is bashed in.

Both dually fenders are broken.

The speedometer doesn't work.

Neither does the tach.

The brake lights don't come on, but the flashers work, and so do the turn signals, so its not the bulbs.

The front seat upholstery is worn out, and the carpeting is house floor carpet.

The right mirror is missing, and it was torn out of the door at some point, probably when someone took out the dually fender.

The right side tail pipe is about to fall off.

The trim is mostly bent up, and what isn't bent is missing.

A few of the marker lights are burned out.

It squeaks when you turn the wheel or hit the brake.

The motor vibrates pretty bad when you rev it up.

The fan noise is really loud.


That's about all I can tell for now. I guess I should look at the bright side; it does start and move under its own power - for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment